Gun clubs everywhere are staging qualifying shoots to discover which members will represent them at the all-round final over August Bank holiday weekend.
More than £12,000-worth of guns, cartridges, traps, clays and other goodies are at stake for clubs and individual shooters.
The Sporting Gun Clubman continues to recognise and reward unclassified shooters and those who have never gone higher than ‘B’ Class in any clay pigeon shooting discipline.
However, following the success of the last couple of years ‘A’ Class competition, we’ll continue to recognise the rising standards of club shooting in Britain and support this area of the competition.
Remember, however, that the prestigious Clubman title – as well as the champion senior, junior, lady and veteran accolade – can only go to ‘B’ Class shooters or below.
• Now is the time to start practicing and planning your Clubman campaign. Clubs should hold qualifiers amongst their members to choose their teams (five-man and two-man), chosen from their top Guns in Juniors, Ladies, Seniors and Veterans.
• The Clubman Championships will be held at Doveridge SG, Derbyshire, on the Bank Holiday weekend of August 29-30. Make a date in your diary now, and keep the dates free!
ON THE DAY!
The Clubman championship will be decided over a 75-bird all-round shoot – comprising 25 Sporting, 25 Skeet and 25 Down-the-Line (single barrel).
Entrants nominated by their club will compete as individuals in their relevant category ie. Senior, Junior, Ladies or Veteran – and they may also shoot as part of a two, or five-person club team.
There are some fantastic prizes worth £1000s on offer…
• Winchester Select Sporting O/Us for the overall champion and category winners.
• Thousands of Fiocchi cartridges for winning individuals and runners up.
• Pro-matic automatic clay traps plus pallets of clays for winning teams.
Clubman information packs are currently being sent out to all clubs.
If, however, you’ve slipped through the net and don’t receive a pack, call Emma Parkin on 0203 148 4316 to receive full information about the competition.
Remember, your club must enter by August 13th, 2010.