Judges Tony Casserly, Ray Hardie and Paul Egginton ran six tests in the morning for the special puppies, including a water test which resulted in a run off for first and second.
Robert Worrall joined the judges for the afternoon, which consisted of an entry of 53 novice gun dogs (with a few absentees) and four tests.
The ground lent itself to a variety of terrain in a manageable area which reduced walking times between tests and enabled the test to finish at a reasonable hour.
A feature of the day was the very long grass in the meadow which meant the walked up was held in the woods. Patches of natural growing garlic made this test challenging, but the dogs and competitors managed very well.
1. (& Traherne Trophy) Keith Broomfield with lab.d. Noiroche Aperitif
2. (& Burghwood Trophy) Robert Smallman with lab.b. Miss Summer Breeze
3. John Boyle with lab.d. Spiraldive Samos
4. Marriana Morris-Worrall with lab.b Oakvalley Black Rose
CoM Henriette Fletcher with lab.d. Woodington Quad
1. Nicola Grellis with lab.d Smale Barossa
2. Robert Smallman with lab.b Miss Summer Breeze
3. F. Green with lab.b. Ashoaks Ruby Tuesday
4. R. Pearson with gr.d. Canaleigh Ovation
CoM (& Wayworthy Cup) G. Kennedy with fcr.b. Bumblyn Frea
The special puppy winners and judges: Paul Egginton, John Boyle, Tony Casserly, Keith Broomfield, Ray Hardie, Robert Smallman, Henriette Fletcher and with Marianna Morris-Worrall kneeling.