The building, which houses the centre?s trophy room, bar and shop had received an ammunition delivery just hours before the blaze.
And the 70 firefighters attending described the sound of bullets exploding in the flames of the smoke-filled building like ?popcorn going off?.
Suffolk Police confirmed the blaze was being treated as arson, after an empty petrol can, believed to have started the fire, was found nearby.
Peter Usher, owner of the complex, said: ?To see my club in such a terrible state was heartbreaking and especially upsetting for my staff, who were all totally devastated.?
?I am working with my brokers and the loss adjuster. Every effort is being made to get the centre open again.?
?I would like to thank everyone that has sent texts and emails of best wishes and offers of support at this dreadful time. I can?t tell you how encouraging this has been and how appreciative I am of the incredible support,? he added.