WHAT YOU’LL NEED
»» 4 dove breasts
»» 150g arborio rice
»» 200ml stock
»» 50g parmesan
»» handful of baby spinach
»» 50ml whipping cream
»» 500g peas
»» 10g butter (cubed)
»» garlic clove
»» thyme or rosemary
»» vegetable oil
HOW TO COOK IT
1. Cook rice in the stock until it is absorbed, allow to rest for a few minutes.
2. Pan fry the breasts for 30 seconds on each side, leave to rest.
3. Blend the peas and some of the cream in a liquidiser.
4. While the breasts are resting add the spinach, blended peas and cream to the rice, add the parmesan and then season to taste.
5. Serve in a bowl and place the dove breasts on top, garnished with parmesan if desired – delicious!
ABOUT THE CHEF
When he’s not out shooting, Mark is the Head Chef at The Finch’s Arms in Hambleton – a traditional 17th century English country inn, with beamed ceilings, cask ales and a small bustling bar with magnificent views overlooking Rutland Water.
Formerly the proprietor of the Tollemache Arms in Buckminster, Leicestershire, Mark has also been chef at the Restaurant Pierre Orsi, Lyons and Raymond Blanc’s le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons in Oxford.