1 duck, plucked
2 oranges, peeled
2 onions, chopped
1/2 a glass of red wine
4oz of butter
salt and pepper
1. Put an orange inside the duck and place the duck on a bed of onions on a baking tray.
2. Squeeze the juice from the second orange over the duck.
3. Add the wine and 2oz of butter into the baking tray.
4. Cover the duck with the other 2oz of butter.
4. Season well with sage, thyme, salt and pepper, or add the combination of herbs you prefer.
5. Place the duck in the oven and roast it for 30 to 40 minutes at 200C.
Serve with vegetables in season.