one pheasant breast per person 3tbsp maple syrup two garlic cloves one egg yolk chilli (optional) plain flour salt and pepper dried mixed herbs olive oil
1. Cut the skinned pheasant breast in half lengthways and then into thumb-sized nugget chunks check the meat for shot.
2. Place the nuggets in a bowl with the maple syrup, finely diced garlic and an egg yolk. Add the finely chopped chillies/flakes if you want spicy nuggets.
3. Mix together well and leave to marinate for an hour or so.
4. Into another bowl place a cup of flour, season well and add the dried herbs, then mix well.
5. Put three good glugs of olive oil into a frying pan and heat well. One by one, remove the marinated nuggets and coat them completely in flour. Place each nugget gently into the oil and fry for three to four minutes or until golden brown.
6. Serve with chips.
This recipe is great to teach children about basic food hygiene. Crack the whole egg on to a plate and place an inverted egg cup over it then you can pour and separate the egg yolk from the white.
Maple syrup can be bought in most shops these days dont use honey as it is not as heat tolerant. Your frying pan will fill with fried flour, but dont worry, it is easy to clean afterwards.
The nuggets should cook for about one and a half to two minutes each side. Turn each one with a fork to ensure even browning.
Like this article? Mark this page on a social bookmarking website…