June 20th is Father's Day. Make sure you're ready
Contrary to what you might think, men aren’t always hard to buy gifts for, particularly those who enjoy fieldsports. To prove our point, we’ve picked out some superb Father’s Day shooting gifts for 2021, which will go down well with any dads who shoot.
We’ve picked out presents in different price ranges and ranged from practical to decorative. Here’s what we’ve found.
Father’s Day shooting gifts 2021
Best for practicality
- Beautifully presented in own case
- Includes three piece wooden rods with brass fittings, phosphor bronze brush wool mop, nylon Jag yellow duster, Bisley gun oil, Bisley bore cleaner, 50 Bisley shotgun patches
- Excellent quality
- Size 33 x 22 x 6cm
Regular gun maintenance is key to the correct function of a piece. Bisley has created a useful and good quality kit here suitable for 12 gauge guns.
Best for shooting day elevenses
- Gift boxed
- Made in Scotland
- Brush steel antler shaped handle
- Size 42 x 15cm
Perfect for the shooter serving drinks at a shoot lunch, refreshments at elevenses or a round of G&Ts. Little trays are always useful to have around the place.
Best for keen cooks
- No seasoning required
- Le Creuset signature cast iron
- Two large easy-grip handles
- Excellent heat retention
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime guarantee
- Size: 2.3 x 27.1 x 39 x 4.4cm
Ideal for dads who love to cook venison and game. Actually thanks to the special design of the surface you can cook both meats at once. This will be an heirloom piece, as it has a lifetime guarantee.
Best for shooters who travel with laptops/tablets
- Padded pockets protect from bumps
- Ideal for travelling in shoot vehicle
- Sponge cleanable
- Practical, durable wax cotton with leather trim
- Water repellent finish on fabric and leather
- Size: 400 x 100cm x 290cm
If your father is a shooter who always keeps his laptop or tablet handy, then this would be an ideal present. It’s usefully padded so will protect precious screens from bumping around in a 4×4 on a shoot day. It’ll happily slide underneath a seat or be tucked in the boot.
Best for pocket money budgets
- Sturdy steel
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Size: 3.7 x 10.1 x 14.2cm
An attractive tin that will slip neatly into a jacket or trouser pocket to hold anything needed; sweets, mints, tape, plasters …
Best for robust drinks
- Tough stainless steel
- Four cups included
- Black leather zipped case
- Washable cups
Ideal for a sociable drink with fellow shooters at the end of the day or during a shoot lunch. The cups are robust and make the perfect holders for a slug of sloe gin or mulled wine, stacking neatly into the zipped leather holder.
Best for coffee/tea/mulled wine drinkers
- Hot or cold drinks
- 500ml fluid capacity
- Stainless steel vacuum insulated walls
- Press-button pourer
Here’s a novelty flask that has been made from the shape of a shotgun cartridge, so it will look perfectly in place on a shoot day. It also comes with a useful funnel so you don’t spill any liquid when topping it up.
Best gift to arrive year round
Send your father the gift that keeps on giving with a subscription to his favourite fieldsports magazine. Buy now with our special Father’s Day Offer and you’ll receive a free pair of wireless earphones worth £50.
Best for decorating study, kitchen, hall, lavatory
- Two styles, with names of birds underneath or without text
- Hand drawn watercolour illustrations
- Printed on 300gsm archival card
- Size (unframed) 8″ x 10″, A4 or A3
- Frame not included
Watercolour print of line up of gamebirds, including grouse, quail, partridge, woodcock and pheasant.