Q: Can I insure my guns under my car insurance when I am travelling with them?

A: Most gun owners utilise cover provided by their household insurance policies to insure their guns against risks such as damage or theft. Household policies will often have a schedule of named items covered for “all risks” while the items are away from the named property. Sporting equipment can usually be included on such a schedule, and insuring your guns in this way would provide cover for damage while travelling or when the guns are in use.

Discuss the matter with your household insurance provided or your broker. Alternatively, several insurers provide a specific insurance policy that is designed for sporting guns and rifles, and you may wish to investigate this avenue.