One lucky Shooting Times reader will win an Orvis boot liner.
About the prize
Protect your boot from dirt, dog hair and moisture with an absolute must-have from Orvis UK. An easy-care protector with water-resistant coating, so you can hose off whenever required. Perfect for the most adventurous of canines and the muddiest of gear. The quilted surface adds comfort for your dog and an extension unfolds to protect your bumper from scratches. A non-slip Grip-Tight backing holds the protector in place, and two handles set into the base of the backseat to ensure an even more secure fit. Attaches quickly and easily to headrests with adjustable straps with side-release buckles.
How to enter
Readers who would like their dogs to be entered into the competition should send a good-quality portrait photograph of the hound to firstname.lastname@example.org. Images will need to be 1.5megabytes — no blurry smartphone snaps please — and show the dog’s face. Shooting Times has no favourites; every breed from terriers to lurchers, retrievers to scent hounds will be considered.
Terms and conditions
1. The promoter of this competition is Orvis (“Promoter”), which has its registered offices located at Vermont House, UNIT 30 A, Northway, Andover, SP10 5RW and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number FC012658.
2. This competition is administered and fulfilled by TI Media Limited (“TI”), which has its registered offices located at 3rd Floor, 161 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9AP and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 53626.
3. There will be one winner(s) of this competition. The winner(s) will each win the following prize: one Orvis car boot liner.
4. The winner(s) are responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prize, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
5. This competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
6. This competition is open to residents in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) aged eighteen (18) or over with access to the internet, excluding employees and past employees of Promoter and TI, their printers and agents and anyone materially connected to the administration of this competition. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.
7. This competition will run in Shooting Times.
8. To enter this competition, you must send a photograph of your dog with name, address and contact number to email@example.com
9. This competition will open on 26 September 2018 and the closing date is 23.59 on 31 October 2018.
10. You can only enter this competition via email.
11. Only one entry per person may be submitted. All entries will become the property of TI and will not be returned. TI and Promoter accept no responsibility for entries unsuccessfully submitted.
12. Entries must be made directly by the person entering this competition. By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by these Competition Terms.
13. The winner(s) will be selected by a panel of judges, including at least one independent member, who will judge the competition entries based on the criteria set out in the promotional material. The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
14. Winner will be notified by email OR telephone on or before 30 November 2018. Prizes will be dispatched on or before 31 December by first class post OR special delivery.
15. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 7 days, or if the winner(s) are unable to comply with these Competition Terms, TI reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that this competition is being judged, to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
16. Failure to respond and/or provide information requested, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements, may result in forfeiture of the prize.
17. Prizes are subject to availability and the prize supplier’s terms and conditions. The prize is as stated, is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. TI accepts no responsibility whatsoever for elements of the prize being withdrawn. In the event of the prize being unavailable, TI and Promoter reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
18. TI and Promoter reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of this competition. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
19. Insofar as is permitted by law, TI and Promoter, their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner(s) or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of TI and/or Promoter, their agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
20. If you are a winner of this competition, you agree that TI and Promoter may use your name, photograph and town or county of residence to announce the winner(s) of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes, and you agree to co-operate with any other reasonable requests by TIUK and Promoter relating to any post-winning publicity.
22. In the event of a discrepancy between these Competition Terms and the details in the promotional material, the details in the promotional material shall prevail.
23. These Competition Terms will be governed by English Law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.