Shane Robinson puts some popular brands through their paces and reports back.
Put together very nicely by Weirauch who have done a great job with all their products. This is a bit more of a lump so to speak, as it weighs in at over 7lbs but it doesn’t feel heavy. It feels quality.
- Again, another compact hunting rifle but it is more than capable of standing up for itself in any competition.
- I found the thumbhole stock to be one of the most comfortable stocks I’ve ever shot.
- Prices starting from £650 up to around £1000.
- The fish scale chequering on the thumbhole and stippled finish on the production and Jagdmatch models is something I like a lot over the standard chequering.
- The operator adjustable match grade trigger is great quality. So crisp and a joy to use.
- Imported by Hull Cartridge
I was lucky enough to be one of the first to try the HW66 in the newly made 17 Hornet which was a really capable calibre. I can see it becoming a very popular if not the top option, as not many makers are making 17 Hornet and those that do are not as well finished.