A wonderful way to use the bird to the best of its flavours, this partridge recipe will impress any guest
Cooking time: 50 mins
- 1 partridge crown, breasts still attached, legs and wings removed
- 1 knob of butter
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- 100g of green beans
- 100g of Jerusalem artichoke purée, roughly 4 Jerusalem artichokes
- vegetal powder
- 1 dash of milk
- 2 baby globe artichokes
- olive oil
- 1 dash of truffle vinaigrette
- 1 winter truffle, shaved
- black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/Gas mark 5. Season the partridge crown, put a little oil and butter in a hot pan, lightly colour the partridge. Transfer to the oven to roast for 6-8 minutes. Allow this to cool
- Take two of the shiitake mushrooms, quarter them and sauté in oil and butter until they turn soft, season well. Slice the other two mushrooms very thinly and sauté those very quickly again before transferring to a cloth.
- You now want to carve the breasts away from the carcass, as well as removing the skin. Now lay the sliced mushrooms on top of the breasts. Trim the edges and place onto a cooling rack.
- Put the green beans into boil.
- Thin half of the Jerusalem artichoke purée with a little milk in a sauce pan, add a dash of vegetal powder and season. Bring to the boil, then swiftly pour over the each breast in a smooth motion.
- To plate: place a small amount of purée on to each plate, quarter the baby globe artichokes, dress with olive oil. Take the green beans off the heat and arrange on the plate with the sautéed shiitake mushrooms and sliced truffle. Put the partridge breast on top and finish with a dash of truffle vinaigrette.
Recipe courtesy of Great British Chefs. Visit their site for more game recipes.