Chef Mark Gough prepares a delicious, but very simple, French-inspired goose and potato dish.
WHAT YOU NEED
– 1 goose breast
– 4 slices streaky bacon
– 1 large shallot
– 30g feta cheese
– 6 sliced cooked new potatoes
– salt and pepper
– sprig of thyme
– 1 tsp runny honey
PREPARATION OF THE GOOSE
1. Lie the bird on its back and use a sharp knife to gently remove the skin and feathers.
2. Slice down the breastbone and gently ease the flesh off as you cut towards the wing. Wipe the breasts clean so they are ready to cook.
HOW TO COOK
1. Season the breast with salt, pepper, thyme and oil. Gently pan fry for five minutes and then cook in the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes. Leave to rest.
2. Slice the shallots and potatoes. Then, on a sheet of greaseproof paper, layer the potatoes with the shallots on top.
3. Drizzle with oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Place feta cheese and bacon on top. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
4. Drizzle honey over the goose breast to deglaze the pan. Then slice the goose and place it on the potato tart. Pour the honey
deglaze over it. Delicious!