1 apple, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 goose, skinless
beef dripping or lard
2 rashers of bacon
1. Mix together the apple and onion, and place in a roasting tin. Put the wild goose, breast downwards, onto the mixture.
2. Cover the goose with beef dripping or lard and seal the roasting dish with tinfoil.
3. Roast the goose at 175øC for up to two hours, depending on the size of the goose.
4. Turn the goose over so that the breast faces upwards. Cover it with a couple of rashers of bacon and cook it for a further 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Serve with vegetables in season.