Ingredients (serves 4)
4 wild sea-trout fillets
400g Palourde clams
half a lemon
1kg maris piper potatoes, mashed
250ml fish stock
100ml double cream
25g unsalted butter
Parsley butter: 200g unsalted butter
100g picked parsley
pinch of paprika
1. Prepare the parsley butter first by finely chopping the picked parsley and mixing with the softened butter.
2. Add a pinch of paprika, roll in clingfilm and refrigerate.
3. Bring the fish stock to the boil and infuse the saffron for 20 minutes.
4. Add the cream and unsalted butter and cook for a further three minutes.
5. Add the mashed maris pipers while they?re still hot, season and keep hot in the oven.
6. Heat a pan, pour in a little olive oil, season the wild sea trout fillets and fry skin down for 4-5 minutes.
7. Turn and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Keep warm.
8. Put the clams in a hot pan. As they start to open, add the parsley butter quickly in small lumps. Then add a squeeze of lemon juice.
9. If the butter starts to brown, add a few drops of water.