This lean venison shoulder recipe makes for a quick and spicy dish. Serves 4.
Use venison for a perfect alternative to chicken, pork or beef.
- 1 venison shoulder
- Fennel seeds
- Caraway seeds
- Chopped lemon thyme
- Cornish sea salt
- Milled black pepper
- Place the venison shoulder in a roasting tray, season wel then sprinkle over the chopped thyme.
- Crush the fennel and caraway seeds and sprinkle over the venison shoulder.
- Roast in the oven at 150ºC for four hours.
- Remove venison shoulder from the oven and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Flake the meat off the bone and use as a warm pitta bread filling with a little aubergine puree.
- Add extra thyme before serving.