The biggest, best and longest-running club championship is being transformed into a weekend-long festival of shooting thanks to a move to the amazing Midland Game Fair.
The Clubman continues to recognise and reward unclassified shooters and those who have never gone higher than ‘B’ Class in any clay pigeon shooting discipline.
But following the success of the last couple of years ‘A’ Class competition, we’ll continue to recognise the rising standards of club shooting in Britain and support this area of the competition as well.
Remember, however, that the prestigious Clubman title – as well as the champion senior, junior, lady and veteran accolade – can only go to ‘B’ Class shooters or below.
ON THE DAY
This year’s Clubman Championship will be a 75- bird competition comprising 50 English Sporting and 25 Single Barrel Down-the-Line.
The overall Clubman Champion will win the fantastic Caesar Guerini Maxum 12-bore Sporter worth £3,030.
NEW THIS YEAR!
The highest scoring Senior, Lady, Junior and Veteran after 75 targets (from both days) will then shoot 25 birds in a head-to-head competition on Sunday in front of the Mitsubishi Grandstand for a £1,400 Fabarm Elos Sporter donated by Anglo Italian Arms, plus a £250 cash prize donated by the CPSA.
Previous Qualification scores will NOT be carried forward and the winner is the highest score out of the 25 targets.
ALSO NEW TO THE CLUBMAN
The two highest scoring five-man teams (from both days) will also go into a shoot-off on the main five-stand Finals’ Range.
Previous qualification scores WILL be carried forwarded and added to the scores from the final shoot-out.
The winner of the five-person team event will be the highest scoring team out of the 500 Targets, winning a Pro-matic Eagle automatic clay trap, a £300 cash prize and training for one member to CPSA safety officer, kindly donated by the CPSA, and a Fabarm 12-bore XLR semi-auto for their club.
• Now is the time to start practicing and planning your Clubman campaign. Clubs should hold qualifiers to choose teams (five-man and two-man) consisting of their top Seniors, Juniors, Ladies, and Veterans.
Any two-man team has to consist of B Class shooters and below but clubs are allowed to include a maximum of one A Class shot in their five-man team line up.
• The Clubman Championship will be held at the Midland Game Fair, Weston Park, Shropshire, on the weekend of September 17-18.
Make a note in your diary now, and make sure you keep the dates free! To maintain the high standards of our former Clubman Championship, the layout will be designed by the award-winning team from the Doveridge Shotgun Academy.
• Sporting Gun is giving away a free Midland Game Fair Ticket to every entrant to the Sporting Gun Clubman 2011 we receive – as long as we get your entry by the 2nd of September.
Additional discounted tickets for family and friends are available and can be pre-booked at: www.doveridgeshotgunacademy.co.uk
• Clubman information packs are now being sent out to all clubs. If, however, you’ve slipped through the net and aren’t on our list, fill out the form below or call Regina Tumbridge-Harringer on 0203 148 4313 to receive full information about the competition.
Remember, we must receive all postal entries for the competition by September 2, 2011. After this date, late entries can be made by phone on 07795 143116.
There are some fantastic prizes worth £1000s on offer!
• Caesar Guerini Maxum 12-bore Sporter worth £3,030
• Fabarm Elos C Sporting worth £1,470
• Fabarm 12-bore XLR 5 Grade 2 semiauto worth £1,275.
• Thousands of Fiocchi cartridges for winning individuals, teams and some runners up.
• Pro-matic automatic clay traps for winning teams.
2011 ADMISSION PRICES
Additional discounted tickets to the Midland Game & Country Fair can be pre-booked at www.doveridgeshotgunacademy.co.uk
For group booking rates and school discounts please call 07795 143116 to discuss your booking.
On the day admission prices:
– Adult £17
– Child £6 (4-14yrs)
Advance ticket booking:
– Adult £15
– Child £5
– Adult weekend ticket £27
– Child weekend ticket £8
Campsite pitch: £65
Campsite pitch with power: £110
Toilets & showers are located on the campsite.
Evening entertainment and catering are offered to campsite visitors with a valid weekend ticket.
The campsite will open on Thursday 15th September at 12 noon.
All campsite visitors must also purchase a valid weekend ticket for entry to the show.