After an enforced break, the Game Fair was back in earnest
The crowds were out in force early on the first day of the Game Fair 2021 with everybody ready to meet up and have a good day out out and catch up with long-lost friends.
In fact, Friday was the busiest-ever opening day the Game Fair has experienced in its 62-year history. A total of 119,378 people came to the event across all three days.
1. Watching gundogs put through their paces
2. A BIG turnout for Lord Botham in the Game Fair Theatre
3. Watching a classic country film outdoors on a beautiful summer evening
4. Introducing youngsters to a whole new world of the countryside
5. The chance to watch some superb shooting
6. After months of enforced lockdown, people were keen to go out and do some shopping – which made the retailers very happy!
6. A superb lunch in the Nice & Wild restaurant in support of The Country Food Trust, the Game Fair’s official charity. We opted for the pheasant shawarma, flat bread, harissa yoghurt, summer slaw and the wild venison, spicy rice bowl. Completely delicious, healthy and a great sitdown and catch up with friends at the table. It’s been too long.
7. All sorts of celebs turned up
View this post on Instagram
7. Hearing about the Aim to Sustain plan
What people have been saying about the Game Fair
The overall impression was that everyone was delighted to be out and about again and enjoying themselves.
“At times we wondered if we’d ever be able to attend such events like the game fair ever again – so just it even going ahead when so many other events are cancelled this year is a huge achievement for the organisers. We spent 3 awesome days at the show, and how amazing it was to have a taste of life b.c” Charlie Branwhite (via Facebook)
And the show won some new fans.
First time we’ve been, was a cracking day. Roll on next year 👍🏻 Luke Allen (via Facebook)
The camping was a hit with many people treating the event as a staycation with attractions on the doorstep.