Ferreting enthusiasts are generally keen to share information, knowledge and experiences. Here's a round-up of some commonly asked ferreting questions and the answers that our experts gave
1. What do you do about ferreting in the summer months? How a keen ferreter makes best use of this ‘downtime’.
2. Will ferreting regularly make my ferrets tame? How are your skills with them?
4. If a ferret is a bad mum, should I breed from her again? What’s the best thing to do?
5. What should I look for in a healthy ferret? How to spot a ferret that hasn’t been cared for properly.
6. How old should a ferret be before putting it to work? How young is too young?
7. How far can a lost ferret travel? A few fields away or a distance of miles?
8. Can you ferret big burrows by yourself? Or do you need a helping hand?
Have a look at our ferreting videos too, for more hints and tips.
When the time was right I decided to take Tawny to Norfolk for her first time ferreting. We went to Norfolk, because…
I was addressing a burgeoning rabbit problem in North Norfolk and I was keen to make an immediate impact, but…
Edward Cook recommends some books that will help you learn how to make your own nets for ferreting