A very successful clay pigeon shoot took place at Bransford Manor In October.
The clay shoot was attended by some 120 shooters plus 30 guests all of whom were provided with lunch sponsored by Luke Johnson of Pizza Express fame and Patisserie Valerie through Penyard House of Ross-on-Wye. Shooting was arranged by Alan Bewlay of the Throckmorton Gun Club and his team.
An auction on the day also boosted the final sum and included a silent auction.
Some of the highlights of the auction and amounts raised:
- A round of golf for three people at Royal St Andrew’s £700
- A tour of Highgrove Gardens given by the Prince of Wales £500
- A Tech bike £850
- Hunting for two in Namibia in Waterberg Plateau £2,300
- Limited edition of Jeroboam of vodka from Chase Distillery’s £500
- Box at Worcester Rugby Club £600
- Visit to the stables of Nicky Henderson with an early morning breakfast £350
- Barrow of bottles including champagne, brandy, whisky etc given by Don and Rowie Mountjoy £700
Well done to Andrew and Bea Grant and Georgina Britten-Long for organising the charity clay shoot.
Television star Phillip Schofield and his wife Stephanie have raised more than £40,000 for children’s hospice charity Shooting Star Chase at a clay…
With 16 teams, including entries from Ladds Guns, Castle Hill, North Molton, Buttery Shoot, Temple, Luscombe, Devon Plant Services and the Marines, all…
Competitors totalling some 100 individuals, took part in the all-day event at John Bidwell’s shooting grounds at High Lodge, near…
Now summer's here, make the most of the fine weather and do some good by organising a charity clay. Here's…