Two workers at the private Uig Lodge estate in Timsgarry on the Isle of Lewis have been treated for suspected cyanide poisoning.

It appears that one of the men accidentally opened the lid of a container, which the Northern Constabulary will only say contained ?a noxious substance used in pest control?.

The two men went through a process of ?precautionary decontamination? from the local fire brigade, before receiving treatment at the Western Isles hospital. Local reports say the man was vacuum-packing a tin of cyanide at the time of the accident, ready for it to be transported for safe disposal at a mainland poisons depository.

The rest of this article appears in the 31st October issue of Shooting Times.

What is YOUR opinion?

Join other ST readers in our forums to discuss your views.

Like this article? Mark this page on a social bookmarking website…


What is YOUR opinion?

Join other ST readers in our forums to discuss your views.