How much is my gun worth?
Contemplating selling your gun?
You want to get a fair price for your gun if you’re thinking of selling it – so how can you find out what accurate used gun values are?
Judging used gun values
You won’t get anybody interested in your gun for sale if you put it on at too higher price. On the other hand, if you undersell it then you’ll be missing out.
Investing in a gun might seem daunting but if you know what you’re looking for and what you want, it’s…
If I was thinking of buying a new gun I would be tempted to do it right now, as prices could well go…
Follow the steps below and you can be confident that you’re getting a fair price for your second-hand gun.
- Start by researching how much similar guns – and guns in an equal condition – are being sold for. Look at our second-hand gun review section to see recommended prices.
- Is there something special about your gun that means it deserves a higher price tag? It could be in fine condition, or have only fired a few rounds, or offer a unique history.
- If these selling points aren’t enough to drive up the asking price, you should make sure you include them in your gun for sale advertisement. The more compelling detail you can give in your description, the more successful it will be.
- Do you want to sell quickly or sell at the right price? That’s a decision to make early on. If you’re determined to stick to a particular price then it may take a while to shift the gun. If you want to sell it quickly then a lower price will of course attract more takers.
- It sounds blindingly obvious but if you ask for too much money, your gun probably won’t sell.
- When you’ve decided on a price, it’s time to consider the best way to advertise the gun.
- If you sell a gun on the ShootingUK Marketplace, you can edit the advertisement at any time. This allows you to drop the price if no one is taking the bait. You can also edit the description, if you find you need to include more information. In addition, you can add footage of you using the gun and photographs.