The home of Shooting Times and Sporting Gun

Will a German shotgun licence help with my UK application?

I hold a German firearms and shotgun licence. Would these help in my application for English licences when I return to the UK next year?

How do I go about importing the weapons I own back to the UK? I hold a European Firearms Pass, which has been issued in Germany.

Answer: I’m afraid that German licences and a German EFP cut no ice at all in the UK. You can’t even bring your guns in using the EFP unless either you get a visitor’s permit or have a UK certificate.

I suggest you get in touch with the police force in whose area you will be living and start making arrangements to get the necessary UK certificates. This can be a lengthy process with some forces so I recommend starting at least five months before you plan to return.