Announcing the winners of the 2016 Shooting Industry Awards
Last Thursday evening was a big night in the shooting industry - with the annual Shooting Industry Awards celebrating its 21st year. The evening is the only awards ceremony of its kind and this year we received more entries than ever before.
To make the judging process fair and independent, the Awards’ judging panel remained a mix of our highly respected editors as well as experts from the world of shooting. The 2016 judges were Will Hetherington, Ali Henton, Joe Dimbleby and Editor-at-Large, Robin Scott. We also invited gunsmith Rupert Blackwall, game shooter John Walker and game keeper Liam Bell to complete the panel as external judges.
However, the Best UK Gun Shop was an award nominated by our readers … read on to see who won.
- New Clothing Product 2015 – Seeland International for Seeland WP Treggings
- New Ladies Clothing Product 2015 – J Barbour & Sons Ltd for Carter Wool jacket
- New Footwear Product 2015 – Dedito Shooting Wear for shooting boots
- Best Game Cartridge 2015 – Gamebore Cartridge Company for 12G Black Gold-Dark Storm
- Best Clay Cartridge 2015 – Gamebore Cartridge Company for 12G Black Gold Competition
- Best Rifle Cartridge 2015 – Remington Outdoor UK Ltd for Remington .243 Core Lokt 100gr
- New Gundog Product 2015 – Sporting Saint Ltd for Conical Dummy
- New Scope Product 2015 – Zeiss for Zeiss Victory V8 4.8-35×60
- New Binocular 2015 – Viking Arms Ltd for Meopta Meopro 10×42 HD Binoculars
- New Shooting Accessory 2015 – Highland Outdoors for Aimsport Triton 42S
- Best Website 2015 – Boxall & Edmiston
- Best Social Media Campaign – Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust
- Best Gun Shop – Ian Coley
- Best Shooting Ground/Club 2015 – Coniston Shooting Ground
- New Rifle 2015 – RUAG Ammotec UK Ltd for Bergara B14
- New Shotgun 2015 – Sportarm Ltd for AYA English Game Shotgun
- The Field Sporting Personality of the Year – The Countess of Lucan
- The Shooting Industry’s Special Achievement Award – Dave Clark
All images by Paul Qualigana