Support gamekeeping during these difficult times and you could win a knife worth £500
The National Gamekeepers Organisation launches the April 2020 membership prize draw
The National Gamekeepers Organisation (NGO) exists for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is to support gamekeepers who have fallen on difficult times.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic many shoots are facing an uncertain future and some estates have already cancelled next year’s shooting season.
We’re asking our readers to support keepers and the invaluable work they do in a very simple way. Join the NGO if you aren’t already a member – individual membership starts at just £45 a year (junior membership is £20 and would make an excellent gift for a youngster).
If you are a member please switch to paying your membership by direct debit in April 2020.
In both cases new and existing members will be automatically entered into a draw to win a bespoke knife worth up to £500.
The custom, hand-made knife, will be made to the winner’s specifications by bladesmith Richie Nankz, who works from his forge in Cornwall.
Richie makes knives for bushcraft and butchery but specialises in deer stalking knives.
The winner will be drawn at random by the NGO team on Friday 1 May.
Liam Bell, Chairman of the NGO, said: “Becoming an NGO member offers huge benefits and helps us continue our work to support gamekeepers and the shooting community, especially during these uncertain times.”
- NGO Magazine: Four issues each year of full colour NGO magazine, Keeping the Balance.
- NGO Insurance: Public liability NGO insurance up to £10million
- Dog Insurance: Access to dog insurance provided by Agria Pet Insurance
- Events: Invitations to local NGO events, social and educational
- Free Legal Helpline: Access to the NGO free legal helpline, provided 24/7 by top countrywide solicitors
- NGO Members Only Web Pages: NGO members exclusive discounts on a range of products and services
Finally, and possibly most importantly, you know that your membership fee will go towards helping your fellow country people during these difficult times. We hope you feel able to support them.