Mark Gough reveals an easy pigeon recipe for a tasty snack which will take you no time at all.
WHAT YOU NEED
– 3 pigeon breasts
– 4 asparagus spears
– 1 small round goats’ cheese
– 4 slices salami
– 6 cherry tomatoes
– salt and pepper
– half a large ciabatta
– balsamic vinegar
– parmesan shavings
1. Lay the pigeon on its back and pluck the breast, gently removing the feathers so that you don’t rip the skin.
2. Slice down the breastbone and gently ease the flesh off as you cut towards the wing.
3. Wipe the breasts clean and set aside.
HOW TO COOK
1. Slice the ciabatta in half, drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar and place under the grill to toast lightly.
2. Slice the goats’ cheese and place in the middle of the salami. Then place on the toasted ciabatta, along with the tomatoes.
3. Boil the asparagus and at the same time, pan-fry the pigeon breasts, two to three minutes either side.
4. Leave to rest, then place on the ciabatta along with the asparagus.
5. Season with salt and pepper and add some parmesan shavings. Cook in the oven at 200 degrees for six to eight minutes. Then enjoy!