A reader is looking for a lightweight 12-bore
Bettinsoli Crypto Lite
- This is the light version of the Crypto, and scales round about 6lb 5oz.
- The lightweight is achieved by making the action frame out of aluminium alloy, and there is a heavier steel-actioned gun available for those who prefer it.
- The Lite version (I do wish people would not torture the English language!) has reinforcement around the firing holes in the breech face to prevent marking from recoil.
- It is also one of the very few lightweight guns available with 30-inch barrels, most being limited to 28 inches in the interests not making the gun nose-heavy.
- In most other respects the gun is a typical Italian O/U, with a shallow action and the barrel set hinged on stub pins.
- Transfer of the single trigger to the second barrel is by recoil from the first shot, although the design is such, that only a comparatively light recoil is required to cycle the mechanism.
- The chequering on the woodwork is laser-cut, and drops at heel and comb are approximately 2½ and 1½ inches respectively, and stock length is 14¾ inches.
- The gun comes with an ABS case and five flush-fitting choke tubes, and these should be present with a second-hand gun.