A pheasant recipe worthy of the Savoy (cabbage) thanks to a little kick from smoked back bacon
This pheasant recipe elevates the cabbage to a new level, thanks to the smoked back bacon, cream and addition of game meat.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 pheasant breasts
- 16 rashers of smoked back bacon
- 1 savoy cabbage (shredded)
- 250ml double cream
- Cornish sea salt and milled black pepper
- Sear the pheasant breasts in a hot pan and set aside
- Lay out four rashers of bacon, each slightly overlapping the next.
- Place one breast on the bacon and wrap neatly around, then wrap the others the same way.
- Season and roast in a pre-heated oven at 220ºC for six/eight minutes, depending on size.
- Remove from the oven and rest for a minimum of five minutes. Sautéthe cabbage and stir in the cream just before it’s cooked.